Agreement for the Implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding between Ferdowsi University of Mashhad and the University of Basra in 5 Areas of Cooperation ( Archive )
On Sunday, November 15, 2020, Dr. Ehsan Ghabool, Director of International Scientific Cooperation and Non-Iranian Student Affairs, met with Dr. Majid Al-Tamimi, Representative of the President of the University of Basra. The meeting was attended by Dr. Mojtaba Bazrafshan, a member of the faculty of Educational Sciences and Psychology, and Dr. Mohammad Mosaferi, in charge of developing international cooperation at the Faculty of Sports Sciences. Referring to the signing of a memorandum between the presidents of the two universities last year and the importance of Basra University as one of the top universities in Iraq and the most important university in the south, Dr. Ghabool mentioned the plans of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad to implement the memorandum between the two universities.
Referring to the experience of his cultural and scientific consultation in Tehran, Dr. Majid Al-Tamimi praised the position of Iranian universities in the region and praised Ferdowsi University of Mashhad as the most well-known Iranian university for Iraqi students and welcomed Dr. Ghabool's suggestions. In this meeting, the following executive plans were agreed upon:
- Introduction of 20 professors in various scientific subjects from Basra University and other universities of Arab countries by Basra University for cooperation in the research week of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
- Establishment of Persian language and literature at Basra University.
- Sabbatical program for two professors in the fields of Arabic language and literature and Quranic sciences by Basra University.
- Cooperation of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad with Basra University to establish a branch of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad in Basra.
- Cooperation of Ferdowsi University of Mashhad with the University of Basra to create joint courses at the University of Basra with the priority of postgraduate courses.
It should be noted that the mentioned programs were signed by Dr. Ghabool and Dr. Al-Tamimi during the executive contract dated November 18, 2020.