Founded in 2011, the Office of Vice-President for Socio-Cultural Affairs at the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad is responsible for fostering Iranian and Islamic values as well as encouraging socio-cultural beliefs and skills among students and academic members. Needless to say that the social and cultural characteristics of the university, as well as scientific and research activities are in line with the grand plans of the Islamic Republic of Iran in achieving both spiritual and physical development. Therefore, the Vice-President for Socio-Cultural Affairs of the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad tries to prepare the required frameworks and preparations for social and cultural development of all university members (students, faculty and staff) with the help of its experienced and knowledgeable academics. In this regard, the university students who are the largest group of academic members of the university and the future generation of Iran, have always had the most prominent role in the cultural and social programs of the university and they have had great achievements in these affairs.
In recent years, the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad has always been a leading model in terms of being a cultural and academic community. Although the Vice-President for Socio-Cultural Affairs has followed wonderful strategies to train skilled experts in social and cultural aspects of academic life, it is still behind its ideal status.
- Encouraging community participation, social discipline, and improvement of mental and social health and vitality
- Expanding and deepening constructive interactions and synergy with scientific, cultural, social, sports and economic centers at national and international levels
- Enhancing students and graduates’ sense of commitment to the university
- Developing and upgrading the infrastructure and cultural, physical, and technological areas in the university.
The activities of this office can be divided into three general categories:
- Supervision, support and organization of university students’ associations: To supervise, support and organize students’ associations such as art and culture centers, science foundations (there are more than ninety specialized foundations and twenty interdisciplinary centers at FUM), Basij and Islamic associations (the Islamic University Students’ Association, Islamic Society of Students, and Islamic Association of Neo-thinker Students) and publications (more than 80 students publications)
- Supervision, support and organization of staff and professors’ associations
- Additional activities are related to pilgrimage center, movies center, recreational services, campus galleries, audio-visual center, reunion, and camps centers.
- Undertaking cultural, political and social programs in the university
- Collaborating with cultural institutions and revolutionary centers, especially those that are present at the university
- Publishing newsletters or cultural journals at the university level
- Providing facilities for cultural activities of students, staff, and faculty members
- Organizing some recreational, scientific, research, sports and arts programs
- Encouraging the students to participate in arts activities, tours and festivals
- Performing art festivals as well as organizing exhibitions
- Establishing university students’ associations in various cultural, arts and social fields based on the university’ laws and regulations
- Planning various scientific and cultural excursions
- Planning competitions in science and arts More
|Dr. Hamid Reza Taheri|
Department of Motor Behavior
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
3th Floor, Vice President for Research And Technology
Postal code: 9177948974