Procedure of Consular Affairs at a Glance
1. Enrollment at the university
2. Referring to the consular affairs center, presenting university’s admission letter and identity documents, filling out the relevant forms and providing the 1st page of the passport
3. Presenting the passport which is valid for a minimum of 8 months and applying for study visa
4. Receiving a number
5. Applying for the issuance of residency
6. Presenting birth certificate and/or local affidavit, Parents’ identity documents, and passport pages. In case the main caretaker of the family is not the father, it is obligatory to present the letter for determining the caretaker from the office of foreign nationals at provincial governments
7. Presenting passport image photos and filling out the relevant forms
8. Receiving an automation number of residency issuance, delivering all the documents to the consular affairs department and receiving student visa
9. Receiving a registration permission letter from the consular affairs department and presenting it to the university
*Female students can only apply for their children and residency would not be issued for their husband and/or other members of their family. Therefore, it is obligatory to present the letter designating that the husband has transferred the custody of the child/children to the female student. This letter has to be approved by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
*Male students can apply for the residency of their wife and children, but residency would not be issued for other members of their family. Accordingly, it is obligatory to present the marriage certificate approved by the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Also, if the children have been born in Iran, a birth certificate confirming this claim must be presented.