This library holds rich collections covering more than 80000 copies of print books, 2000 manuscripts, 2500 copies of lithographic books, and 990 specialized software in the different fields of Islamic studies. The reference collection covers English, Arabic and Persian sources, as well as a number of scholarly journals in the fields of Theology and Islamic Thought.
The Library Missions, Aims and Services
- Developing a rich collection of information sources, scientific and specialized and also reference sources in all fields of studies to improve levels of services in response to users’ needs
- Supporting teaching, researching and cultural activities through providing information sources and fulfilling the needs of the faculty members, students and employees
- Applying modern methods of library and information services and technologies to best use of information sources
- Providing current awareness services (CAS) as well as alerting services about existing and new sources through different ways and tools
- Helping users search for relevant information in databases and the Internet
- Providing Scans from manuscripts and reference sources for users at the national as well as international levels
- Providing information literacy workshops regarding the Internet, databases and professional software in related fields of studies.
Research Services (to help faculty members and students develop their research)
- Helping faculty members teach the research method class and library research by librarians at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Helping faculty members do their research projects and get bibliographic advice
- Guiding students in their quest for information for research
- Purchasing books and other information sources in response to graduate students’ information needs.
- Library Guides
- Databases Guides
- Magiran Guides
- Amin and Ghadir services Guides (document delivery system and interlibrary loan system)
- List of specialized software in
Theology and Islamic Thought More
Updated at : 2016-11-29