The religion-based leadership of Iran has been firmly established by the support of Iranian Muslim people and a wide variety of practical and scientific practices of noble intellectuals. Undoubtedly, this success has prompted the distinguished scholars of Iran to develop Islamic sciences and theories. Innovations and knowledge productions in Humanities, which highlights the role of religion in the education of people and managing the society, are the key factors which helped sustain the Islamic revolution. In this regard, the significant role of seminary and university potentials of Islamic countries including Iran cannot be ignored. Seminaries, as traditional and universities as modern scientific institutions are two important places that aim to educate scholars in Iran. It is also worth mentioning that there are very few cities in Iran in which there is a well-known university as well as a reputable seminary. The Holy city of Mashhad in Iran is one such city. The seminary of Mashhad (which due to the presence of Illuminated Imam Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (A.S.) and the Holly Shrine are well recognized) along with the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad have made this city a remarkable place where seminary and university are united and become centers for Islamic studies. In 2006, seminary and university professors, the Friday prayer leader of Mashhad, and the President of the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad arranged meetings in which important issues like the unity of seminary and university as well as the importance, aims, purposes and programs of this unitary were discussed. These meetings emphasized a new way of thinking in the realm of spiritual thought in Humanities. Considering the need for such studies in Iran, the Research Center for Islamic Studies in Humanities was established in 2001 by the virtue of an article number 16519/22 passed by the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology on December 5, 2007.
- To explain the research process in Humanities regarding Islamic ideas and theories
- To establish and increase the communication between university scholars and Islamic and Humanities centers
- To identify and study issues related to Islamic sciences and Humanities
- To welcome collaboration and cooperation with other national and international research centers and institutes to improve the quality of research on issues related to Islam and Humanities
- To conduct fundamental, practical, and developmental studies in each research department
- To identify different Islamic thoughts and propositions in Humanities and Social Sciences
- To open new horizons in research and studies, which are directly related to religion and Islamic society with the main focus on interdisciplinary ones.
- Islamization of Humanities with regard to the potentials at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad and seminary of Mashhad
- Encouraging students of higher education to conduct interdisciplinary studies in Islamic sciences and Humanities
- Providing the proper conditions for theorizing in Islamic Humanities
- Identifying the research areas and gaps in Islamic Humanities
- Work towards Islamization of the humanities axis using the capacity of Ferdowsi University and Khorasan Seminary interaction
- Encourage postgraduate students to study and research in the field of interdisciplinary studies of Islamic and human sciences
- Trying to create a favorable environment in the field of Islamic human sciences theory
- Identifying Practical fields of Islamic humanities studies.
- Research collaboration with educational or research institutions inside and outside of Iran to improve the quality of research activities in the fields of Islamic sciences and humanities
- Explain the research in principles of Humanities according to the Islamic viewpoints in order to achieve long-term goal to develop and research with Islamic perspectives in the field of humanities.
- Interdisciplinary studies
- Arranging more than 160 open discussion meetings with the presence of distinguished university and seminary professors
- Arranging more than 10 specialized meetings by expert committees
- Compiling and publishing 2 books and translating 6 ones (in publication process)
- Conducting 4 research projects within the university and 2 more for other organizations which were both developmental and practical
- Buying books to enrich the specialized library.
- Research Facilities
- Four research groups including (Islamic economics, Islamic management, Islamic education and Islamic jurisprudence).
- Professional library contains more than 3,500 book.
- Of the total 1350 square meters of building space, 469 square meters is dedicated to research activities, 200 square meters is for research groups and the rest is for the library users (178 square meters) and seminar rooms (91 square meters).
Current Major Projects
- Seven research projects within the university
- Financial support from a dozen master's thesis in the field of interdisciplinary studies
- Financial support from six doctoral thesis in the field of interdisciplinary studies
- Two specialized books on the verge of release. More
|Hossien Afkhami Rohani|
|Islamic Management Research Group|
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Research Center for Islamic Studies in the Humanities
Postal code: 9177948951