Considering the wide theoretical and applied aspects of Soft Computing and Intelligent Information Processing, SCIIP is inclusive to all educational fields. Currently, we have representative members from a variety of fields such as Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Applied Mathematics and Biological Sciences.
At the Center of Excellence for Soft Computing and Intelligent Information Processing, our basic belief is that intelligent systems and knowledge engineering can and will play a fundamental role in the betterment of human lives. We are committed to advance the state of the art in these paradigms, to address the open and difficult problems of humanity, to build closer ties with various related industries, and to train well qualified experts. Being placed among the most elite research universities in the country, we believe that our team at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad is well-positioned for this task.
Our goal is to become an international scientific authority in soft computing and intelligent information processing by the following components
- Address the basic challenges of humanity by the tools of soft computing and intelligent information processing.
- Advance the state of the art on the worldwide theory of soft computing and intelligent information processing.
- Foster the recognition and advancement of the science of intelligent systems and knowledge engineering both nationally and internationally.
- Better introduce soft computing and intelligent information processing to the society and the industrial/academic experts
- Form national and international teams of academicians and industry experts to solve the basic challenges of humanity through the application of intelligent systems and knowledge engineering.
- Educate highly qualified experts in various related fields.
- Collaborate with various related industries for higher efficiency, improved design and better decisions.
- Help develop the required infrastructures for knowledge-based enterprises.
What is soft computing: Soft computing is an umbrella term that covers the various integral paradigms of intelligent systems such as fuzzy logic, neural networks, along with other tools of intelligent information processing. Soft computing emphasizes the synergism among these paradigms of intelligence in solving the many open and difficult world problems of humanity today.
In its initial four years of operation, our members have published well over 600 journal articles and 460 conference papers; organized well over 40 conferences; started 12 new graduate programs in related areas, signed 5 partnership agreements with other organizations of mutual interests such as national scientific societies, other centers of excellence, and the Iran Meteorological Organization; held over 86 public speeches; advised over 210 thesis/dissertations; and supported modern facilities/equipment for 12 partner laboratories. We have now extended our center by an additional 19 national and international faculty partners in various fields of engineering, basic sciences, mathematics and humanities.
- Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems (Team: Dr. M.-R. Akbarzadeh-T. (leader), Dr. S. Effati, Dr.H. Sadoghi-Y., Dr.H. Rajabi-M.)
- Soft Computing and Intelligent Optimization Algorithms (Team: Dr. H. Rajabi-M. (leader), Dr. M.H. Yaghmaee Moghadam, Dr. A.-R. Akbarzadeh Tootoonchi, Dr. M.-R. Akbarzadeh-T., Dr. H. Nezamabadipour)
- Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (Team: Dr. H. Sadoghi-Y. (leader), Dr. S. Effati, Dr. B. Akhgar, Dr. S. Katebi, Dr. H. Abolhasani)
Application Areas and Team Leaders
- Manufacturing: Dr. A.R. Akbarzadeh (Team leader)
- Robotics: Dr. A.R. Akbarzadeh-T. (Team leader)
- Agent-Based Computational Economics: Dr. H. Rajabi-M. (Team leader)
- Intelligent Optimization Algorithms for Power Systems: Dr. H. Rajabi-M. (Team leader)
- Biomedical Engineering and Cognitive Science: Dr. M.-R. Akbarzadeh-T. (Team leader)
- Modeling and Control of Industrial Processes: Dr. M.-R. Akbarzadeh-T (Team leader) and Dr. S. Effati (Co-leader)
- Communication Networks (including WSN): Dr. M.-H. Yaghmaee-M. (Team leader)
- Machine Vision: Dr. H. Sadoghi-Y. (Team leader)
- Knowledge Engineering and Data Mining: Dr. H. Abolhassani (Team leader)
SCIIP Partner Laboratories
- Intelligent Systems Scientific Society of Iran (ISSSI)
- Center for Applied Research on Soft Computing & Intelligent Systems (CARSIS)
- Cognitive Computing Lab.
- Robotic Research Center
- Laboratory for IP-PBX
- Machine Vision Lab
- Machine Learning Lab
- Web Technology Lab
- Semantic Web Technologies Lab
- Information Fusion Lab
- Knowledge Technology Lab
- Communication Network Lab
- Video Communications Lab
- Parallel Processing and Distributed Systems Lab
- Data and Communication Security Lab
- Biomedical Engineering Lab
- Primate Lab
- Communication & Computer Research Center
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Power Systems Research Lab
- Pattern Recognition & Signal Processing Lab.
Facilities and Equipment
Our main office has 18 desk stations with modern
computer/internet access. We also have partnership with a number of
laboratories across FUM campus on related activities such as cognitive
sciences, biomedical engineering, signal/video processing, web technology,
power systems, and robotics. More
|Department of Electrical Engineering
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Faculty of Engineering, Center of Excellence for Soft Computing and Intelligent Information Processing (SCIIP)
Phone: + 985138805000
Postal code: 9177948974