The Urban and Regional Research Center of North-East of the Country was founded in 2007 at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. The aim of this Center is to respond to the needs for applied research and knowledge production in the areas of urban and regional studies. This research center seeks the following objectives
- Conducting fundamental, applied and developmental research projects with regard to Urban and Regional issues and also scientific cooperation with municipal agencies
- Recognizing and developing strategic research priorities focusing on Urban and Regional issues
- Encouraging the participation of researchers to cooperate in the fields related to the goal of the Urban and Regional Research Center in the Country
- Holding symposiums and scientific meetings concerning Urban and Regional issues
- Sponsoring Architecture and Urbanism Conference entitled "Challenges of Urban Modernization - The Distinction Between Outward and Inward"
- Supporting the Second International Conference on "Architecture and Tourism"
- Supporting the sixth and seventh National Conference on “Planning and Urban Management”
The Urban and Regional Research Center of North-East of
Iran benefits from a special library.The library holds over 250 volume of books
concerning various fields of Urban Planning, Urban Management, Urban Design and
||Omid Ali Kharazmi
|Department of Geography
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Urban and Regional Research Center of North East of Iran
Updated at : 2016-12-27