Techno-Economic Road Safety Research Center
This research Center was established in 2008 as the first road safety research center in the country. It is administered under the guidance of Ferdowsi University Research Deputy. The center director is nominated by University Research Deputy and is appointed by University Chancellor. At present time professor Esmaeel Ayati is the center director. The center mission include but not limited to all research activities in relation to economic and technical aspects of road safety. The administration is composed of two research groups; technical and economical. Both groups enjoying of extensive numbers of professional academic persons and postgraduate students in Ferdowsi University of Mashhad.
This center has been established in order to achieve the duties of the Ministry of Road an Transportation, providing research, training and consultation services to all executive agencies with the objectives of
- providing strategies to coordinate the extensive safety programs in all relevant executive agencies
- improving the quality and knowledge of safety management at all governmental decision making levels
- developing activities related to safety inspections, active and interactive relationships with international communities related to traffic accidents studies
- creating a dynamic environment for performing professional research activities,
- defining and coordinating university research and dissertations at Masters and Doctoral levels in accordance with the objectives and research needed.
During last nine years of the center existence, probably the biggest research activities in relation to road safety in the country have been concluded in this center.
|Department of Civil Engineering
Current Major Projects
- Predictive road accident model in the city of Tehran
- Investigation of optimum routes for hazardous material transportation in the city of Tehran
- Estimation the cost of road accidents in Iran (rural and urban)
- Cost effectiveness of modifying black spots in rural roads in Iran
- Investigation of heavy vehicle drivers’ behavior (bus) in Iran
- Comprehensive road safety studies of the city of Tehran
- Office area: 50 square meters
- Computer facilities and research stations: 6 units
- Conference facilities: Perfect
- Library: books: Farsi: 50 and English 100 volumes, Journals: 40 volumes, Thesis: 20 volumes
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Engineering College, Techno-Economic Road Safety Research Center
Postal code: 9177948985