Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Center
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Center at the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad was founded in 1974 as a mission-driven, values-based and goal-oriented organization. Although technological changes have brought different types of activities to the center since the past four decades, this center is now more focused on the development and use of ICT in different sectors of the university including educational, research, administrative and executive sections.
The Ferdowsi University of Mashhad is one of the few universities where the efficient management of its ICT center has led to the creation of integrated websites and computer networks. These websites and computer networks offer a wide range of services to the students, staff, and faculty members. These services have also been offered to more than 50 universities and institutes of higher education in the form of SADAF (Information Systems of the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad).
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Center has so far achieved outstanding ranks at the national level leading to the winning of many awards and certificates. All these achievements indicate the quality and productivity of this center and its staff.
Monitoring, consulting, designing, managing, running, and supporting projects related to ICT in the Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad city, Khorasan Razavi Province, and Iran at its best quality level.
Aims of the ICT center
- Providing the technological basis for designing a technological-based management system
- Equipping the university with new technologies
- Doing research in the field of developing, improving, and upgrading systems and networks
- Managing, running, and ordering ICT projects
- Providing security and stability in the realm of ICT
- Teaching ICT related issues
- Improving the structure as well as internal processes of the ICT Center in order to effectively and dynamically respond to different needs and procedures
- Fostering the culture of production and the use of open source systems
- Providing consultation services to other institutions in the field of ICT