Faculty of Veterinary Medicine was established in 1991. The aim of this faculty is to provide highly-skilled and expert human resources capable of carrying out research and providing health, treatment and research services in various branches of Veterinary Medicine. The initial educational programs of this faculty were: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M). Each year a large number of students are admitted at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at three educational levels: Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D.), D.V.M, and Master of Science (M.Sc.). The departments at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine include: Basic Sciences, Pathobiology, Food Hygiene and Aquaculture, Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine benefits from a large number of highly productive academics carrying out research and educational activities. The results of their scientific activities have useful impact on the development of science and technology in Iran. Some of their activities are
- Research, education and consultancy cooperation with many institutions and executive bodies including the Ministry of Agriculture, the Veterinary Regional Office, Razi Vaccine and Serum Research Institute, Academic Center for Education, the Culture and Research Organization (Jihad Daneshgahi), and the University of Medical Sciences.
- Establishing a special animal hospital and polyclinic located 5 kilometer far from the university campus.
- Providing clinical and laboratory services in the polyclinic and special hospital.
- Publishing the scholarly journal entitled "Iranian Journal of Veterinary Science & Technology"
- Establishing Center for Excellence in Ruminant Abortion and Neonatal Mortality
- Establishing a Research Farm near Mashhad in the near future
- Establishing more than 23 laboratories for
hands-on learning opportunities including internship practice for students and
research activities for academics More
|Departments||Professor||Associate Prof.||Assistant Prof.||Educator||Total|
|Veterinary Clinical Science||5
|Food Hygiene and Aquaculture||2
Research Centers & Centers of Excellence
Iran, Mashhad, Azadi Square, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Phone: +985138763851, +985138803701
Fax: +985138763852, +985138807076
Postal code: 9177948974