The Ferdowsi University of Mashhad has a wide range of sports and exercise facilities to fulfill various different needs of staff and students. Such facilities include:
- The table tennis indoor court: Constructed in an area of 345 square meters in 2002, it is located near the Fajr dormitory no. 4.
- The Gym: This facility was constructed in 2000, and it provides a good number of a variety of exercise tools in an area of 345 square meters. It is also located near the Fajr dormitory no. 4.
- The Chess hall: Constructed in 2000 and it offers a good number of chess tables in the Fajr dormitory no. 3.
- The Kindergarten pool: This pool (240 square meters) pool welcomes the children of staff and academics. Constructed in 1978 it also provides teaching and supervising classes for children.
- The Fitness Center: Built in 2003, it is a 900 square meters open court which provides a wide range of exercise facilities for resident students.
- The Open court in the Faculty of Theology and Islamic Studies: This open court was built in 2008 and covers 1250 square meters.
- The Open playgrounds in the Faculty of Engineering: These facilities, built in 1998, include Volleyball, Football and Futsal grounds with an area of 1250 square meters.
- The Open playgrounds in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine: These facilities, built in 1998, include Volleyball, Basketball, Football and Futsal grounds in an area of 800 square meters.
- The Open playgrounds in the Faculty of Literature and Humanities: These facilities, built in 2005, include Volleyball, Football, Basketball, and Futsal grounds in an area of 2090 square meters.
- The Takhtai sports complex: This is an indoor complex (510 square meters) complex which, built in 1990, has facilities such as wrestling mats, tatami karate mats, and bodybuilding tools.
- The Football playground no. 4: built in 2001. This facility which is near the Faculty of Engineering covers an area of 8625 square meters.